The Deutsche Bank Veterans Employee Resource Group was created to raise awareness of the unique and complex issues facing veterans transitioning from the service, enable veterans and other employees at the bank to provide support and mentoring for veterans in transition both in the realm of recruiting and community service/action and to reach out to our colleagues and fellow veterans and other banks and clients to further raise awareness of veteran issues.
Our Mission: Focus on Veterans and Families
The network is committed to raising awareness of veterans issues, provide outreach to the veteran community and their families and encourage a vibrant veteran support network within the bank and across Wall Street by working with employment and transition focused veterans support organizations, local military bases, undergraduate and graduate schools, alumni groups and recruiting firms and conferences.
Goals: The Veteran Employee Resource Group actively supports:
- Veterans and their families seeking employment, whether in the financial industry or otherwise through mentorship, transition assistance and sharing experiences
- DB on campus recruiting and lateral hiring of veterans
- Veteran focused community events and fund-raising activities
- Veteran employment and transition initiatives
Community Services and Veteran Outreach
- Donated $250k to end Veteran Homelessness in NYC
- Provide mentorship and career counseling at Edge4Vets Workshops
- Offer internship training programs to military veteran students
- Sent monthly care packages to adopted platoons deployed to Afghanistan from Fort Drum N.Y.
- Participate in the annual Tunnel to Towers 5K Run/Walk and raise funds for Stephen Siller Foundation
- Volunteer at the annual USO “Operation That’s My Ride” for children of deployed military troops
- Sponsor ‘Stand-up for Heroes’ Concert to benefit Wounded Veterans
- Veterans Day Observation (At DB locations throughout the United States, employees come together to honor and celebrate veterans service)
- Annual Veterans on Wall Street Conference
- Edge4Vets Workshops for Transitioning Military Veterans
- Recruit Military Hiring Fairs
- SACC Recruiting Conference – Washington DC
- Annual Veterans on Wall Street (VOWS) Employment Symposium
- Hosted cadets from the Spectrum group – West Point’s Gay-Straight Alliance network.
- Fireside chat with Eric Fanning, Former Secretary of the Army moderated by Loree Sutton, Commissioner of Veterans Services N.Y and former U.S Army Brigadier General
- Speaker Engagement with Brian Stann CEO of Hire Heroes on ‘Value Proposition of Hiring Veterans’
- Presentation by Paul ‘Bud’ Bucha, Medal of Honor Receipient on ‘Elements of Leadership’
Find an opportunity to build an exceptional career with Deutsche Bank at db.com/careers.
Make An Impact
Interested in more? Have an idea for an event that may benefit a veteran seeking a career? Learn more about becoming a sponsor.