Save the Date
NOVEMBER 4, 2019
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
545 W. 30th St., between 10th and 11th Ave. New York, NY 10001
* Please enter through the doors off of 11th Ave and Hudson Park Blvd. We will have volunteers directing you where to go. Download a map for specific directions.
The 2019 Veterans on Wall Street Symposium brings veterans and military spouses together with corporate leaders from the financial industry and beyond, government/military representatives, and veteran/military support organizations. The Symposium is designed to convene leading thinkers and stakeholders to discuss transition into the civilian workforce with a targeted focus on career readiness. The Symposium hopes to elevate awareness and solicit broader attention to veterans’ employment initiatives, furthering the conversation, and amplifying our concerted efforts and collective impact.
New this year, there will also be an opportunity to interview at VOWS for open roles from attending employers. If you are currently seeking employment and interested in learning more about these opportunities, please be sure to select YES to the question: “We will be offering onsite interviewing for positions at select sponsoring companies. Are you interested in active hiring opportunities?” when you register. Employers will email those that select YES about their opportunities and the application process prior to the event.
Bob Woodruff Foundation
|7:30 am - 8:30 am||Registration|
|8:30 am - 11:30 am||General Session|
|11:30 am - 12:30 pm||Box Lunches|
|12:30 pm - 5:00pm||Workshops|
Note, the afternoon is designed for veterans and military spouses only and will include interactive workshops. Please be sure to register for the sessions you wish to attend.
- LinkedIn Training: Representatives from LinkedIn will discuss ways that Veterans and Military Spouses can utilize LinkedIn to tell their professional stories, build their network and make the most of their career transitions.
- Resume Writing: Recruiting team members from Wells Fargo will provide tips and best practices on writing an effective resume.
- Resume Review: Experienced corporate team members will provide one on one coaching and feedback on individual resumes. Please remember to bring a copy of your resume for review.
- Networking: Representatives from Financial Services, Consulting, Technology and Pharma organizations will be on hand to network with our attendees in an informal setting.
- Telling Your Story: Corporate team members will discuss helpful information on how to translate military experience to a corporate setting, and thus enhancing career transition readiness.
- Interviewing Presentation: Experienced corporate team members will provide tips and best practices on effective interviewing.
The attire for the day is business dress or equivalent service uniform for service members who wish to attend in uniform. Note: There will be prospective employers present so if you plan on speaking with them, you should consider dressing as you would for an interview.
Frequently Asked Questions
To register, please click on the 'New Registration' button located at the bottom of this page.
Please register no later than Tuesday, October 1, 2019.
Make An Impact
Interested in more? Have an idea for an event that may benefit a veteran seeking a career? Learn more about becoming a sponsor.